Complex health issues are very common in Australia. In fact, half of all Australians have at least one chronic condition. Chronic conditions are long-lasting illnesses that often require ongoing medical attention. Some may be life-threatening, while others are persist throughout a person’s life but can be managed with the right treatment. Here at CBB BLVD, we are offering those who suffer from a chronic disease, a management program thanks to our latest team member, Dr Pri.
A Bit About Dr Pri
We recently welcomed Dr Pri to the CBB BLVD team. Dr Pri (MBBS, FRACGP) is based in Rockhampton, working at the Wandal Medical Centre. His other qualifications include ABAARM (American Board of Anti-Ageing and Regenerative Medicine) and a certification in Prolotherapy. Dr Pri’s focus is chronic disease management by treating patients in a holistic manner using a combination of natural medicine, nutritional therapies and conventional therapies. He will treat a wide variety of patients, especially those who may have been diagnosed by another doctor and are not seeing improvements in their condition.
Dr Pri will be joining us once a month to treat all chronic health issues.
Health Issues That Can Be Treated
Dr Pri specialises in chronic disease and pain management for the following health issues:
- Chronic fatigue (extreme tiredness that doesn’t go away with rest. The causes of chronic fatigue are unknown, but it has been speculated that viruses, stress and hormonal imbalances may contribute)
- Chronic immune deficiencies (these prevent your body from fight off infections and diseases)
- Chronic mental health/mental illness disorders (e.g. anxiety and depression)
- Chronic allergies (allergies that tend to occur all-year-round, regardless of the season)
- Chronic insomnia (the formal definition of chronic insomnia is when a person has insomnia at least three nights a week for longer than three months).
- Chronic body pains (pain lasting more than 12 weeks – dull or sharp, intermittent or constant neck, shoulder, back, hip etc)
The most common thyroid disorders are Hashimoto’s Disease and Grave’s Disease.
Hashimoto’s Disease is a condition where your immune system attacks your thyroid, most likely causing an underactive thyroid. Overtime, an underactive thyroid may cause health problems such as heart disease, infertility and obesity.
Grave’s Disease is an autoimmune disorder that causes hyperthyroidism, or, an overactive thyroid. The immune system makes antibodies (protein components) that cause the thyroid to make more hormones than the body needs. This disorder is more likely to occur with women.
Besides Hashimoto’s and Grave’s Disease, other autoimmune disorders Dr Pri treats include:
- Diabetes (a metabolic disease that causes high blood sugar)
- Arthritis (degenerative, inflammatory, infectious and metabolic)
- Psoriasis (an inflammatory skin condition characterised by dry, red, raised patches on the skin)
- Multiple Sclerosis (a condition of the central nervous system)
Gut disorders Dr Pri treats include:
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (an intestinal disorder causing abdominal pain, bloating, constipation and diarrhoea
- Dysbiosis (an imbalance of good and bad bacteria in the body, especially the gut)
- Candida (a strain of fungus that can cause an infection. This disorder tends to be more prevalent in people with weak immune systems, inflammatory disorders, diabetes and underactive thyroid)
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (a group of two disorders that involve chronic inflammation of your digestive tract – Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn’s Disease).
Dr Pri also offers treatment options for hormone deficiencies, non-resolving headaches and migraines, Autism, ADHD and menopause.
Dr Pri offers a number of chronic disease management treatment options.
PRP Therapy, or Platelet-rich Plasma Therapy is a chronic disease management treatment that involves injecting a small amount of the patient’s own blood to accelerate the healing of tendons, ligaments, muscles and joints. Platelets are cells that circulate in our blood which aid in clotting, tissue healing and regeneration. By injecting the patient’s own healing system directly into the injured tissue, this treatment stimulates and increases the number of reparative cells in your body.
Prolotherapy, also known as ‘Regenerative Injection Therapy’ or ‘Proliferation Therapy’ is another effective chronic disease and pain management treatment for musculoskeletal injuries and chronic pain. It involves injecting an irritant solution (usually a form of sugar called dextrose) into a joint, ligament or tendon. Once injected, the solution works to stimulate the body’s natural repair mechanisms to lay down new tissue in the weakened area. Areas that can be treated include low or mid back, neck, knees, wrists, ankles, and any other musculoskeletal pain or injury.
Speak to Dr Pri About Chronic Disease Management Treatment Options
If you wish to learn more about our chronic disease management treatments, or more about Dr Pri, please get in touch. Dr Pri will be joining us once a month to help those who suffer from any of the chronic illnesses mentioned above.