Water plays a major part in our bodily functions. In fact, between 50 and 80% of the human body is made up of water, and roughly 65% of our skin is water. In order for our bodies to operate at maximum efficiency, water is an absolute must. Drinking water is also essential pre and post skin and body treatments. Here’s why you should be drinking plenty of water for your skin and body.
Key Benefits of Drinking Water
There are several benefits to drinking water for our skin and body.
- It improves blood oxygen circulation. Water carries valuable nutrients and oxygen to your entire body, and staying hydrated helps with circulation by improving blood flow.
- It flushes out toxins. Essential organs like the kidneys and liver use water to flush out toxins and waste from the body.
- It aids in digestion. Water helps to break down the food you eat so that your body can absorb the nutrients.
- It improves muscle performance and recovery. Water is beneficial in preventing muscle cramping and eradicating any soreness.
- It lubricates the joints. Water makes up roughly 80% of joint cartilage, and acts as a shock absorber.
- It aids in weight loss. Water acts as an appetite suppressant, and it also works to boost your metabolism.
- It helps to improve skin quality. Drinking an adequate amount of water may also improve your skin’s appearance and texture, helping you combat issues such as rosacea and psoriasis.
Water is certainly necessary for proper whole body functioning, but drinking more water will also leave you well-hydrated from the inside out.
Benefits of Drinking Water for Our Skin and Body Treatments
It’s important to stay hydrated and drink plenty of water every single day, but we also highly recommend drinking plenty of water both before and after all treatments at CBB BLVD. Here are some examples of how water can benefit your treatment.
Water and Cosmetic Injectables
Drinking plenty of water before cosmetic injectables, both dermal and anti-wrinkle, offers huge benefits for your skin. It helps to keep your skin plump and hydrated before your treatment, and assists with the healing process. Hyaluronic acid fillers attract and bind water from surrounding tissue when injected into the skin. Drinking water along with a good moisturiser and other hydrating boosters are the best ways to ensure longer-lasting results.
Water and Body Contouring and Fat Freezing
Here at CBB BLVD, our fat freezing and body contouring treatments work to destroy the fat cells in the body. Once they are destroyed, the body removes this waste through your lymphatic system. Keeping your body hydrated will ensure you’re effectively flushing out any waste and toxins.
Water and Our Infrared sauna
The purpose of our Infrared Sauna treatment is to make you sweat, reduce joint pain and detoxify the body. Sweating ultimately results in a loss of body fluid. That’s why it is crucial to stay hydrated before, during and after this treatment to maintain normal body function. Electrolytes are also lost as a result of sweating. An easy way to replenish any electrolytes and increase hydration is by adding a pinch of Himalayan Salt.
So, How Much Water Should You Drink a Day?
According to the Australian Government’s ‘Nutrient Reference Values’, the recommended total amount of water for adults is around 2.8 litres a day for women, and 3.4 litres a day for men. Water-dense foods and fruits, such as cucumber and watermelon are also a great way to stay hydrated. To make sure you’re drinking enough water for your skin and body, make sure you drink water at all mealtimes, carry a refillable water that allows you to track how much water you’ve had, and try adding a few slices of cucumber, watermelon or berries to your water for a bit of flavour.
Are You Drinking Enough Water For Your Skin?
Need help making sure you’re drinking enough water for your skin and body health, as well as pre and post treatment? Feel free to reach out to our team for some hydration tips on how to monitor your daily water intake. If you’re interested in booking a treatment at CBB BLVD, whether it is a facial, cryotherapy session or fat freezing treatment, contact us for a free body and skin consultation!